With an estimated 380 fraudulent claims being made daily to car insurance companies, its definitely something worth reading up on....Here is a quick summary, for more explanations please read the full article (link at the bottom of page)
- Slamming brakes on is a big red flag
- Speeding up / slowing down suddenly
- Constant lane changing
- Did they have their details pre written out of a piece of paper? if so why?
- Demanding cash on the scene- don’t give into it.
- Don’t forget to give your attention to any passengers.
What they’re Driving
- Does the car have other scrapes and dents that could hint at a previous attempt?
- Are their brake lights working? (offenders disabling these to help cause rear-end shunts)
WhereSome postal codes suffering more than others so be more aware in these areas:
Any suspected crash for cash incidents can be reported via ‘Cheatline’ on 0800 422 0421 FREE.
Evidence is everything. Without evidence, what case do you have? Crash for Cash currently adds around £100 to each of our premiums (http://ow.ly/4nmx5Q) with this figure only due to increase. It may just be time for you to start fighting back with our discreet accident camera system Road Angel Halo.
Full article: Road Angel
Image: Crime Stoppers